Special weekend events at Pocono Raceway announced
Pocono Raceway announced today Charlie Shaver, Chairman and CEO of Axalta Coating Systems, as the Grand Marshal for the Axalta “We Paint Winners” 400 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday, June 7th. Joe McDougall, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Manager for Axalta, will serve as the Honorary Starter. Pre-race activities, featuring a concert by the West Point Band, will begin starting at 11 am. The green flag for Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) race is scheduled for 1 pm.
World-renown hip-hop DJ Funk Flex and eight-time Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest winner, Joey Chesnut, will be special guests at “The Tricky Triangle” on Sunday. Funk Flex will be ‘spinning’ records during NSCS driver introductions before driving the Chevrolet SS Pace Car before the start of the race. Chestnut will be a guest judge at the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest Regional Qualifier, taking place inside Fan Fair at the Nathan’s Stage, starting at 11 am ET on Sunday.
Additionally, Pocono Raceway will be hosting several special events at “The Tricky Triangle” during the upcoming race weekend.
- 50/50 Raffle to Benefit the Children’s Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono Raceway and the Mattioli Foundation are hosting this June race weekend’s 50/50 Raffle to benefit the Children’s Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital. Last year, two lucky fans went home with a combined $40,000. Fans should look out for 50/50 Raffle volunteers, who will be roaming the entire facility, wearing bright yellow shirts all weekend long. One lucky fan will be announced before the end ofSunday’s race as the winner of the raffle. Fans will be supporting a great cause with the chance to go home with a big check.
- Kids Day Presented by Pocono Medical Center – Pocono Raceway’s annual Kids Day Presented by Pocono Medical Center will be held inside Chalet Village, located behind the Grandstand next to Gate 8 and by Tricky’s Kit Kamp, on Saturday, June 6th. Kids Day will be held from 9 am – 1 pm and will include tons of activities for kids, including the PA Fish & Boat Commission’s Trout Pond where the first 150 kids to attend are eligible to receive a complimentary Pennsylvania Youth Fishing License. Visit www.poconoraceway.com/kidsday for more information.
- Infield Block Party and Pocono Raceway Fireworks This Saturday – The public is invited to attend Pocono Raceway’s Infield Block Party and Fireworks show this Saturday night. For a $5 cash donation, per vehicle, to our local fire department, fans may enter the Gate 1 Tunnel starting at 5 pm ET on Saturday, June 6. Events include live music, the Barley Creek Brewing Company Wiffle Ball Field, great food, a bar for the adults and slot-car racing for the kids. For more information please visit www.poconoraceway.com/
- Jimmie Johnson Experience featuring NASA’s ‘Rockets 2 Racecars’ Program – Three-time Pocono winner Jimmie Johnson will visit for a kids-focused question-and-answer session, which also includes activities for kids presented by the NASA ‘Rockets 2 Racecars’ program, before Sunday’s race. Passes are available for $48 for a family four pack and $20 for individual passes. For more information, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/jj48.
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest Regional Qualifier – Fans are invited to attend this unique event, taking place inside Fan Fair at the Nathan’s display and stage, starting at 11 am on Sunday, June 7th. The male and female winners of Pocono’s regional qualifier will earn a spot in the world-famous July 4th contest held at the Nathan’s in Coney Island, NY. Current world-record holder of 69 hot dogs eaten in 10 minutes, Joey Chestnut, will be there as a special guest judge.
- Halftime Party – The Pocono Raceway Halftime Party is back for the 2015 season. Fans, ages 21 and up, are invited to this event, located inside Chalet Village, with a Halftime Party Pass between laps 60-120 of Sunday’s NSCS race. This event will include bar games, big screen televisions to watch the race broadcast, Coors Light and food. The cost to attend the Halftime Party is $19. For more information, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/halftime
The Axalta “We Paint Winners” 400” race weekend, taking place June 5-7, will include the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards. Friday tickets start at $10 andSaturday tickets are available for $20 for adults. Kids, ages 12 and under, are admitted free to all events on Friday and Saturday, with accompaniment of an adult ticket holder. Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday start at $45 for adults and $22.50 for children, ages 12 and under. To purchase your tickets today, please visit www.poconoraceway.com or call 1-800-RACEWAY (1-800-722-3929).