Special weekend events at Pocono Raceway announced
Pocono Raceway and Microsoft announced today Jeremy Korst, General Manager of Windows Brand and Product Marketing, will serve as the Grand Marshal for the Windows 10 400 at “The Tricky Triangle” on Sunday, August 2. Jason Campbell, Windows Group Product Marketing Manager will serve as the Honorary Starter. Pre-race activities, featuring a concert by Rebel Dawg Records recording artist, Eric Lee Beddingfield, will begin starting at 11 am. Additionally, local up-and-coming musician, Alyssa Golden, will perform the National Anthem. The green flag for Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) race is scheduled for 1:30 pm ET.
Pocono Raceway will be hosting several special events through the Windows 10 400 race weekend, including:
- · 50/50 Raffle to Benefit the Children’s Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Pocono Raceway and the Mattioli Foundation are hosting this June race weekend’s 50/50 Raffle to benefit the Children’s Hospital at Lehigh Valley Hospital. In June, the overall weekend jackpot exceeded $45,000, with one fan taking home nearly $23,000. Fans should look out for 50/50 Raffle volunteers, who will be roaming the entire facility, wearing bright yellow shirts all weekend long. One lucky fan will be announced before the end of Sunday’s race as the winner of the raffle. Fans will be supporting a great cause with the chance to go home with a big check.
- · Infield Block Party and Pocono Raceway Fireworks This Saturday – The public is invited to attend Pocono Raceway’s Infield Block Party and Fireworks show this Saturday night. For a $5 cash donation, per vehicle, to our local fire department, fans may enter the Gate 1 Tunnel starting at 5 pm ET on Saturday, June 6. Events include live music, the Barley Creek Brewing Company Wiffle Ball Field, great food, a bar for the adults, slot-car racing for the kids and, rumor has it, PBR is bringing their very own mechanical bull. For more information please visit www.poconoraceway.com/
- · Jimmie Johnson Experience featuring NASA’s ‘Rockets 2 Racecars’ Program – Three-time Pocono winner Jimmie Johnson will visit for a kids-focused question-and-answer session, which also includes activities for kids presented by the NASA ‘Rockets 2 Racecars’ program, before Sunday’s race. Passes are available for $48 for a family four pack and $20 for individual passes. For more information, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/jj48. Note: Sunday Grandstand Gate Admission ticket also required for entry.
- · Halftime Party – The Pocono Raceway Halftime Party is back for the 2015 season. Fans, ages 21 and up, are invited to this event, located inside Chalet Village, with a Halftime Party Pass between laps 60-120 of Sunday’s NSCS race. This event will include bar games, big screen televisions to watch the race broadcast, Coors Light and food. The cost to attend the Halftime Party is $19. For more information, please visit www.poconoraceway.com/halftime
. Note: Sunday Grandstand Gate Admission ticket also required for entry.
- · “Are You Smarter Than a Spotter” Contest – During FanVision’s “Spotter Appreciation Week,” Pocono Raceway is happy to present the first-ever, “Are you Smarter Than a Spotter Contest.” Some of the top NSCS spotters will go head-to-head against six lucky race fans in, what should be, a hilarious trivia contest. The event takes place at the Fan Fair Stage, located behind the Grandstand, starting at 10:00 am.
- · New Double-Sided Video Boards Debut – While attending the Windows 10 400 race weekend, be sure to tell us what you think about the brand-new, double-sided video boards located on both ends of pit road. Nearly 60% of the Pocono Raceway infield will now have a sightline to these video boards. Tag us with your comments and/or photos about the video boards on Twitter or Instagram, using @poconoraceway and don’t forget to include our official race weekend hashtags, #Windows10_400 or #WhatTurn4, with your posts!
The Windows 10 400 race weekend, taking place July 31-August 2, will include the stars of the NSCS, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards. Friday tickets start at $10 and Saturday tickets are available for $20 for adults. Kids, ages 12 and under, are admitted free to all events on Friday and Saturday, with accompaniment of an adult ticket holder. Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday start at $45 for adults and $22.50 for children, ages 12 and under. To purchase your tickets today, please visit www.poconoraceway.com or call 1-800-RACEWAY (1-800-722-3929).