- National Geographic to Launch Geotourism Project for Upper and Middle Delaware River Area
- Community-Based Initiative Will Identify and Promote Uniqueness of Area and Boost Tourism
- Public nominations for the interactive MapGuide website will be accepted through Jan. 15, 2016 at DelawareRiver.natgeotourism.com. The site will launch in May 2016.
- Local residents, organizations, and businesses may nominate unique landmarks, attractions, activities, events, lodging and dining venues that define the region’s character.
- At these meetings listed below, the project goals and nomination process will be explained. A National Geographic news release is pending with more details. I’m sharing this preliminary information for some advance planning since these meetings take place next week.
Wednesday, Nov. 4 –
Pike County – 3:00 p.m. at The Columns Museum of the Pike County Historical Society, 608 Broad St., Milford, PA. (Refreshments)
Wayne County – 6:30 p.m. at The Settlers Inn, 4 Main Ave., Hawley, PA (Light dinner)
Thursday, Nov. 5 –
Delaware County – 8:30 a.m. at the Hancock House Hotel, 137 East Front St., Hancock, NY (Light breakfast)
Sullivan County – 12:00 p.m. at Villa Roma Resort, 356 Villa Roma Road, Callicoon, NY (Lunch)
Orange County – 3:30 p.m. at the Erie Hotel/Trackside, 9 Jersey Ave., Port Jervis, NY (Refreshments)
These meetings are free and open to the public. Pre-registration is requested. Contact Melanie McDowell at (202) 454-3328 or email@example.com.