Special Event Rentals Coordinator job opening at Rent-E-Vent, by Rent-E-Quip, Inc. – Honesdale, PA
Rent-E-Vent is a family owned and operated company that has set the standard for superior service in rentals since 1989. The goal for our consultants is supreme industry knowledge—which allows us to help a client create a comfortable, beautiful, stress-free package of rental inventory that is the ideal combination of their vision, timeline, and budget. We pride ourselves in owning an exceptionally vast collection of the highest-quality inventory, offering everything from “soup to nuts,” in all budget levels, and executed with the highest level of craftsmanship and exceptional service.
Rent-E-Vent is seeking a highly motivated individual to maintain our company’s standard of excellence in the position of Special Event Rentals Coordinator . The ideal candidate needs to be savvy, dependable, self motivated and able to thrive in an active sales environment while juggling multiple tasks with competing priorities. The ideal candidate is a classic “Type A”+”Type B” combination personality – an enthusiastic, sociable “people-person” who is extremely detail-oriented and thorough, with very strong oral and written correspondence skills, and confident ability to exercise sound, independent judgment.
Our office is in Honesdale, PA, however this position also involves visiting client sites and our partner venues. We frequently serve the Poconos region/NEPA; Catskills region of NY, and northern NJ.
• Answer phone calls, website e-mail correspondence, and assist walk-in customers. Provide EXCELLENT customer service.
• Conduct client-site evaluations and/or conduct showroom appointments to preview inventory options; discuss the client’s needs/wants
• Extensive preparation of CAD diagram (software training provided) and coordinating client service quotes (software training provided)
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of our existing and ever-growing rental inventory and their respective applications. Maintain continuing knowledge of the overall industry. Occasional industry conference travel and eventual certifications required.
• Constant client communication to confirm up-to-date event information
• Constant communication with our warehouse staff to update client’s revised event information
• Constant vendor communication and scrupulous order review for verification of special-order items
• Focus on the coordinating upsell of company products and services where applicable
• Assist other Event Consultants and/or their clients on a daily basis
• Assist in receiving/preparing special-order items from third-party vendors
• Assist other non-office co-workers to ensure quality control and on-schedule execution. You are both an advocate for your client and our company. This position does involve you to “roll your sleeves up” on occasion.
• Frequently attend industry- and community-related functions
• Collegiate degree preferred (but not required)
• Event industry/hospitality experience with knowledge of event rentals, event furniture/décor, catering equipment, tenting, etc. preferred (but not required)
• Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional manner
• Exceptionally strong writing skills to communicate in a professional manner
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced office
• Outgoing and friendly personality with a strong desire to work with other like-minded individuals in a positive, creative environment
• Flexibility – often, you’ve promised a client you’ll have their paperwork to them by end-of-day. The afternoon gets busy with new, incoming inquiries, and by end-of-business, you aren’t quite finished with what you’ve promised the initial customer. You must be the type of person who will gladly stay after-hours to complete the task(s) your clients are depending on you to finish.
• Hourly; Depending on position (see below), possibility for frequent overtime
• Incentivized performance programs
• 100% Company funded health insurance; Paid Sick, Personal, Vacation, and Holidays
• Company supplied mobile telephone (Apple iPhone)
Positions available: Two-Three (2-3)
• Full-time, Year-round
• Full-time, Summer Seasonal* OR (2) Part-time, Summer Seasonal
We are a warm-season centric industry, requiring us to be open 7-days a week at least 8 months out of the year (closed winter Sundays: December-March) to best serve our customers. THE POSITION OF RENTALS COORDINATOR REQUIRES WEEKEND HOURS.
We are also a holiday-centric industry. THE POSITION OF RENTALS COORDINATOR REQUIRES LIMITED SUMMER-HOLIDAY HOURS (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day; usually 8am-Noon, dependent upon customer reservations)
Please submit resume via e-mail only. Please reference “APPLICANT: Special Event Rental Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Please be sure to detail which position schedule you’re applying for (full time year-round; full-time seasonal; or part-time seasonal)
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE. Learn more at http://www.rent-e-vent.com