The application period to participate in the Leadership Carbon Class of 2011 is officially open.
It has been said that leadership is a prime force that makes positive things happen in a community. The 2010 Leadership Carbon Community Leadership Program is designed to develop knowledgeable, skilled, committed, and action-oriented community leaders.
Leadership Carbon brings together participants once a month September 2010 through May 2011. Participants typically come from diverse backgrounds and varying perspectives to learn more about themselves and their communities. In the Leadership Carbon Program, people share their ideas and experiences with each other, gain new skills and knowledge about leadership, and develop plans and strategies for implementing community betterment projects.
The Leadership Carbon Curriculum includes nine core modules that provide everyone who participates with a foundation of basic leadership skills and knowledge fine-tuned to Carbon County’s needs. The core modules are:
- Understanding Leadership – Teambuilding (September)
- Building Communities Through Collaboration – Environment & Recreation (October)
- Conducting Successful Meetings – Business (November)
- Communicating Effectively – Education (December)
- Making Group Decisions – Health Care (January)
- Community Socio-Demographics – Culture & Diversity (February)
- Managing Conflict – Economic Development (March)
- Leading Community Change – Government & History (April)
- Group Project – Project Management (ongoing)
Each core module reinforces and builds upon the module that precedes it, so groups will benefit by participating in the entire nine month series. The curriculum is comprised of a facilitator’s guide, site visit, multi-media tools and participant materials.
Leadership Carbon is the adult leadership development program of the Carbon County Chamber of Commerce. It is designed to cultivate new local leaders for the benefit of Carbon County’s future. The nine-month program meets on the second Wednesday monthly from September 2010 to May 2011.
For more information or to apply please contact the Carbon County Chamber of Commerce at 610-379-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline for Leadership Carbon is Monday August 16, 2010.