Penn’s Northeast, a regional economic development marketing organization serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe and Wayne Counties, held its annual meeting on June 22 at The University of Scranton’s Brennan Hall.
At the event, Penn’s Northeast President Penny Cannella stressed the importance of a regional business attraction effort in today’s economy. She reviewed the organization’s accomplishments over the past year. Some of the highlights included:
– Penn’s Northeast attendance at various trade shows and conferences, representing the region and targeting new prospects.
– An international marketing effort that involved working in collaboration with PA Office of International Business Development (OIBD). 12% of Penn’s Northeast leads came through the OIBD office in 2009/2010.
– An aggressive real estate marketing campaign that included:
- Continually updating an online real estate database featuring over 900 available buildings and sites.
- The production and distribution a 36-page, full color real estate brochure featuring more than 250 available industrial and office buildings.
- The production and distribution of a regional business park map portfolio.
- An ongoing, monthly email marketing campaign promoting featured properties in the region.
- Various online and nontraditional advertisements in national real estate publications.
– A direct mail branding campaign that features business leaders from throughout the region touting their outstanding workforce.
– Hosting various special events that bring prospects to northeast Pennsylvania, showing them the many amenities the region has to offer.
At the meeting, three board members were nominated to serve a three year term: John Cognetti, broker/owner, Hinerfeld Commercial Real Estate; Robert Moisey, owner, The Laurels Senior Living Community and Robert Mericle, president & CEO, Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services.
Continuing to serve as officers of the board through June 2012 are Chairperson, Charles Leonard, executive director, Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation; Vice Chairperson, Joseph Rymar; Secretary/Treasurer, Andy Reilly, executive director, Luzerne County Office of Community Development; Immediate Past Chairperson, Richard Beasley, regional community relations director, PPL Electric Utilities and Assistant Secretary/Treasurer, Colleen Reardon, marketing manager, Penn’s Northeast.
For a copy of the Penn’s Northeast 2010 annual report that more thoroughly outlines the organization’s accomplishments over the past year, please call 570-883-0504.
Penn’s Northeast’s mission is to market Northeast Pennsylvania as a region on a national and international level, encouraging businesses to relocate from other areas, and assist in the growth and development of existing businesses. Visit www.pennsnortheast.com for more information.
Photo Caption: Penn’s Northeast’s representatives featured in photo are Chairperson, Charles Leonard, executive director, Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation; President, Penny Cannella; new board member John Cognetti, broker/owner, Hinerfeld Commercial Real Estate and Secretary/Treasurer, Andy Reilly, executive director, Luzerne County Office of Community.