POCONO PINES – Rep. Jack Rader (R-Monroe) today announced several constituent outreach opportunities for residents of the 176th Legislative District.
“I am pleased to offer a variety of resources at my district offices and encourage local residents to take advantage of all that is available,” said Rader.
Free tax preparation, provided by AARP, will be available for seniors who meet certain income eligibility requirements at Rader’s Pocono Pines district office, located at the Tobyhanna Township Building, 105 Government Center Way in Pocono Pines. The service will be available every Wednesday beginning Feb. 8 through April 12. Appointments are necessary. To make an appointment, call 570-643-7683. Seniors need not belong to AARP to take advantage of this service.
An American Legion service officer will visit Rader’s Pocono Pines office on Tuesday, Feb. 14, to answer questions about veterans benefits and help file claims. Veterans need not be a member of the American Legion to receive services. For more information and to make an appointment, call 570-643-7683.
A member of Rader’s staff will be available at the following locations throughout the month from 10 a.m. to noon:
- Thursday, Feb. 2, at the Polk Township municipal building, located at 165 Polk Township Road, Polk Township.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7, at the Jackson Township municipal building, located at 2162 Route 715, Reeders.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, at the Eldred Township municipal building, located at 490 Kunkletown Road, Kunkletown.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, at the Chestnuthill Township municipal building, located at 271 Route 715, Brodheadsville.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, at the Pocono Township municipal building, located at 122 Township Drive, Tannersville.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, at the Mt. Pocono borough hall, located at 1361 Pocono Blvd., Mt. Pocono.
- Thursday, Feb. 23, at the Tunkhannock Township municipal building, located at 1557 Long Pond Road, Long Pond.
Services available at the outreach hours include assistance with PennDOT, LIHEAP, SNAP and Property Tax/Rent Rebate forms; information regarding state agencies and programs; and more.
For legislative information and updates, visit www.RepRader.com.