$1 from Sales of Select Pink Drinks in October will Support Beauty Foundation for Cancer Care
WHAT: Quaker Steak & Lube,® or The Lube®, to loyalists, the award-winning casual-dining franchise known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces, announced the return of its Breast Cancer Awareness Month Fundraiser at its New Jersey locations. Specifically, The Lube’s Brick, Edison and Pohatcong restaurants will donate $1 from sales of its “Pink Drinks” during the month-long campaign to the Red Bank, NJ-based Beauty Foundation for Cancer Care, whose goal is to help inspire courage, strength and confidence that is needed to fight cancer while easing financial strain. The menu items include:
- Desert Cactus ‘Rita – A specialty margarita hand-shaken with Jose Cuervo, Gold Tequila, triple sec, citrus margarita mix and prickly pear purée.
- Raspberry Lime-N-Ade – A sweet and sour cocktail hand-crafted with Svedka Blue Raspberry Vodka, raspberry purée and fresh-squeezed lime juice, topped with Mist TWST.
- Moscato Grape Sangria – A fusion of chilled Three Olives Grape Vodka, Barefoot Moscato, white sangria mix and fresh fruit.
- Royal Apple Berry – A delicious hand-shaken blend of Crown Royal Regal Apple, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple Schnapps and cranberry juice. The ultimate light, refreshing and full of apple flavor cocktail!
- Daytona Daiquiri – A classic drink made with Bacardi Superior Rum and real fruit purée, blended with ice and topped with whipped cream. (strawberry, mango or wildberry flavors also available)
WHEN: October 1 – 31, 2017
WHERE: Quaker Steak & Lube Brick
Quaker Steak & Lube Edison
Edison, NJ 08817
Quaker Steak & Lube Pohatcong
WHY: Quaker Steak & Lube and local franchisee, Doherty Enterprises, are committed to serving their neighborhoods through donations, fundraisers, sponsorships and participation in community events. Quaker Steak & Lube regularly partners with Beauty Foundation for Cancer care – a nonprofit organization dedicated to easing the financial strains associated with cancer and allowing patients and their families to focus on the most important thing, beating the disease, while feeling confident, strong and courageous. For more information, visit www.thelube.com.
About Quaker Steak & Lube®
The Quaker Steak & Lube® brand includes over 50 locations in fourteen states across the U.S. “The Lube” combines unique décor, including gas station memorabilia, classic cars, motorcycles, and race cars suspended from the ceilings with crave-able food and high-octane entertainment events. Quaker Steak & Lube has won hundreds of national and international awards for its wings and more than 20 wing sauces. For more information about Quaker Steak & Lube, please visit www.thelube.com.
About Doherty Enterprises, Inc.
Established in 1985, Doherty Enterprises, Inc. is recognized as the 68th largest privately-held business in the New York Metro area by Crain’s Business and the 11th largest franchisee in the United States as ranked in the Restaurant Finance Monitor, operating seven restaurant concepts including: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar, Panera Bread, Chevys Fresh Mex, Quaker Steak & Lube, Noodles & Company, and two of its own concepts, The Shannon Rose Irish Pub and Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas. In 2015, Nation’s Restaurant News ranked Doherty Enterprises as the 78th largest U.S. Foodservice revenue company, up from 85 in 2014. To date, Doherty Enterprises owns and operates over 150 restaurants in northern, southern and central New Jersey, on Long Island, as well as locations throughout Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and sections of Florida and Georgia. The Doherty vision is to be the “Best Food Service Company in the Communities We Serve” and its mission is to “Wow Every Guest Every Time, Wow Our People, Wow Our Communities and Wow Our Suppliers.” (www.DohertyInc.com).