Award-Winning Casual Dining Franchise Announces Limited-Time Ghost Pepper
and Seafood Menu Sending Taste Buds into Overdrive
SHARON, PA (January 18, 2016) – The Award-Winning casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube®, known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces, announced today the introduction of its newest flavor, Dusted Ghost Pepper, which will be the centerpiece for the brand’s limited-time Ghost Pepper and Seafood menu. Beginning Jan. 12 through April 11, Lubies can walk on the wild side as they enjoy new Ghost Pepper specials at Quaker Steak & Lube® locations in Brick, Edison and Pohatcong. The limited time menu features the new Ghost Pepper QBurger, Ghost Pepper Thick-Cut Steak Fries and a variety of signature seafood menu items.
“We’re kicking up the flavor in 2016 with the addition of our newest flavor, Dusted Ghost Pepper, to give our guests what they want – new menu items that make your taste buds scream for more,” said Greg Lippert, President and CEO at Quaker Steak & Lube®. “We know that these new offerings will excite our guests who crave intense heat with each bite and delicious seafood options that are family-friendly.”
With 11,000 SHU’s (Scoville Heat Units), Dusted Ghost Pepper is scary good and really hot. For a limited-time, guests can enjoy our already delicious dishes on a whole new “supernatural” level with menu items such as:
- Ghost Pepper QBurger – This new hand-smashed burger, served as single or double patty, will make you want to put your tastebuds to the test. Topped with Pepper-Jack, jalapeño and an addictive creamy, spicy Ghost Pepper mayonnaise. Served with Lube Fries and Sriracha ketchup or any Sidecar.
- Ghost Pepper Thick-Cut Steak Fries – You can ask for water, but it won’t help. These fries are seasoned with our new Ghost Pepper spice and topped with jalapeño and scallion. Served with a side of Queso or Sriracha ketchup.
Lubies looking for non-meat options can also turn to Quaker Steak & Lube’s® new limited-time menu, which features a variety of tasty seafood specials, including:
- Pub-Style Fish & Chips – Hand-breaded cod served pub-style with new steak fries, tartar sauce and malt vinegar on the side.
- Premium Garlic Shrimp Skillet – Jumbo shrimp coated with a buttery premium garlic sauce and served in a sizzling skillet with garlic bread to dip.
- Mango Habanero Shrimp Tacos – Mango Habanero dusted jumbo shrimp, crispy slaw, creamy avocado lime ranch dressing and Pico de Gallo. Topped with cilantro and a fresh lime.
Founded in 1974, Quaker Steak & Lube® now has more than 50 locations across 16 states. The compelling décor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and motor-themed memorabilia, combined with its craveable food and SuperCharged events, has created a cult-like following for The Lube® for more than 40 years.
For more information, visit www.QuakerSteakAndLube.com. Follow The Lube® on Twitter and Instagram at @QuakerSteak and on Facebook at Quaker Steak & Lube. For more information, visit www.QuakerSteakAndLube.com.
About Quaker Steak & Lube®:
Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., Quaker Steak & Lube® has expanded across the United States. The unique décor, including gas station memorabilia, classic cars, motorcycles, race cars and corvettes suspended from the ceilings combined with the crave-able food and high-octane events has afforded The Lube® a cult-like fan following. Today, Quaker Steak & Lube® has become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the country, and has won hundreds of national and international awards for its wings and more than 25 different wing sauces.
About Doherty Enterprises, Inc.
Established in 1985, Doherty Enterprises, Inc. is recognized as the 68th largest privately-held business in the New York Metro area by Crain’s Business and the 10th largest franchisee in the United States as ranked in the Restaurant Finance Monitor, operating eight restaurant concepts including: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar, Panera Bread, Chevys Fresh Mex, Quaker Steak & Lube, Noodles & Company, IHOP, and two of its own concepts, The Shannon Rose Irish Pub and Spuntino Wine Bar and Italian Tapas. In 2015, Nation’s Restaurant News ranked Doherty Enterprises as the 78th largest U.S. Foodservice revenue company, up from 85 in 2014. To date, Doherty Enterprises owns and operates over 160 restaurants in northern, southern and central New Jersey, Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Florida and Georgia – including newly acquired locations in the Miami area. The Doherty vision is to be the “Best Food Service Company in the Communities We Serve” and its mission is to “Wow Every Guest Every Time, Wow Our People, Wow Our Communities and Wow Our Suppliers.” (www.DohertyInc.com).