Pocono Mountains, PA – The Pocono Mountains are celebrating the beginning of spring and the 2011 playing season by taking advantage of specials from over 35 golf courses in the region.
Located within easy drive of New York City, Philadelphia and New Jersey, most golf courses are offering early stay-and-play rates around or below $100, including:
- Free Golf April at Shawnee Inn: As part of its 2011 Centennial celebration, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is offering free golf to guests from April 3 to April 28. For mid-week rates as low as $106 per person based on double occupancy, guests receive one-night accommodation, breakfast and a round of golf, including a cart at the renowned course that opened in 1911 and is A.W. Tillinghast’s first American design. For more details or to book your reservation, call 1-800-SHAWNEE or visit www.shawneeinn.com/
- Spring Weekend Golf Tournament at Pocono Palace Resort: Couples will enjoy a romantic golf getaway at the Pocono Palace Resort, April 28-May 1. Set in a beautiful mountain setting, this nine-hole regulation course is perfect for all skill levels. Enjoy closest-to-pin and straightest and longest drive contests as well cocktail parties, a wine and cheese meet-and-greet, a complimentary sunset Italian feast, dinner at Fat Paulie’s, live entertainment and a special drawing where one couple will win a “Fantasy Stay.” For more details please visit www.covepoconoresorts.com.
- Fernwood Hotel and Resort Spring Golf Package: Experience a round of golf on the rolling fairways of this 18-hole gem and get one night accommodation for rates that start at just $69 per person, per night based on double occupancy. For even more value, book two nights’ accommodation and two rounds of golf for just $138 per person. Offer is valid from April 1 to June 2. For more details please visit www.fernwoodhotel.com.
- Buck Hill Golf Club: This classic Donald Ross design is opening its spring season with a “Pay One Greens Fee, Get a Second One Free” promotion from April 9 – June 15. Call 570-595-7730 for details or see www.buckhillgolfclub.com.
- Mount Airy Golf Club: Designed after Sports Illustrated’s “18 Best Holes of Golf,” Mount Airy will open its season April 1 with rates between $20-$25 for nine holes (midweek/weekend) or $37-$45 for 18 holes during the month of April only. See http://www.mountairycasino.com.
- Mountain Manor: Anticipating a March 25 opening date, Mountain Manor will offer $35 rounds on weekdays and $45 rates on weekends for unlimited play during April. Call 570-223-1290 for reservations or see http://www.mountainmanor.com
Golfers can customize their trip through the user-friendly planner that can be found at poconosgolf.com, making it easy to find courses, accommodations and other activities within close proximity to each other. A complete list of courses, special offers and spring events can also be found on the site. About the “Pocono Mountains: Discover Golf’s Great Destination Secret” The Pocono Mountains has long been known to avid travelers and mountain aficionados for its lush, relaxing family-friendly ambiance and romantic setting, as well as its fall foliage, winter skiing, spring-summer outdoor recreation options and natural beauty. Numerous lakes, parks and other environmental wonderlands are found throughout the four-county Pocono Mountains region. A venerable destination that has welcomed generations of travelers, the Pocono Mountains has undergone a renaissance over the last few years. While renovations have swept through stately and historic resorts, other properties have joined the mix. Gaming at Mount Airy Casino Resort and the award-winning Jack Frost National — named a “Best New” and “Best You Can Play” course by leading industry publications — are two of the many exciting additions. Attributes of the golf-and-resort properties and destination include:
- Home to more than 35 golf courses with hundreds of holes for beginners and avid golfers alike; close proximity gives golfers chance to play 36 in a day
- Two NASCAR races held annually
- Golden Era of Golf Architecture period designs strongly represented by legendary designers Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast
- Hiking, biking, camping, spas, horseback riding, boating, fishing, hunting and many other activities
- Attractions, festivals and other special events
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Great food at a wide array of eating establishments and resort restaurants
- Bed & breakfasts, country inns and resorts
- Antique shops, outlet malls and other unique shopping venues