Pocono Mountains, PA – Eastern Pennsylvania golfers can now reap more than $200 in savings by purchasing the $40 Pocono Mountains Golf A-Round Card, offering value-driven playing opportunities at seven regional courses.
Now available for purchase online at http://www.poconosgolf.com, the new card features $25 rounds, with cart, at leading courses throughout the four-county region. The discounted rounds are available Monday-Friday and Sunday after 1 p.m. from April-November, allowing golfers to play at each course twice.
Participating courses range from historic Donald Ross classics to Golf Digest “Best New” courses, including:
- Fernwood Hotel and Resort
- Hideaway Hills Golf Club
- The Inn at Pocono Manor – both East and West courses
- Jack Frost National Golf Club
- Mount Airy Casino Resort and Golf Course
- Mountain Manor Golf Club
- Split Rock Resort and Golf Club
Once golfers have purchased the card, they must call the golf course for a tee time and mention their card to receive the discount. Some holidays and blackout days may apply, but golfers can book rounds up to three days in advance.
“We want players to know that Pocono Mountains courses are fun, accessible and affordable,” said Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau CEO Carl Wilgus. “This new program allows golf buddies and families to play 14 rounds at a cost that’s lower than a good seat at a major league ball park.”
Most Pocono Mountains golf courses are located within a 1.5-hour drive from New York City, Philadelphia and other regional cities. Visitors can plan their next visit by using the Pocono Mountains’ online trip planner that maps distances between courses and their proximity to area’s plethora of accommodations and attractions.
For more information or to order the card, go to http://www.poconosgolf.com or call 800-POCONOS.
The Pocono Mountains area offers over 35 courses throughout the pristine mountain region known for its beautiful vistas, outdoor adventure, friendly neighborhoods and year-round wildlife.
About the “Pocono Mountains: Discover Golf’s Great Destination Secret”
The Pocono Mountains has long been known to avid travelers and mountain aficionados for its lush, relaxing family-friendly ambiance and romantic setting, as well as its fall foliage, winter skiing, spring-summer outdoor recreation options and natural beauty. Numerous lakes, parks and other environmental wonderlands are found throughout the four-county Pocono Mountains region.
A venerable destination that has welcomed generations of travelers, the Pocono Mountains has undergone a renaissance over the last few years. While renovations have swept through stately and historic resorts, other properties have joined the mix. Gaming at Mount Airy Casino Resort and the award-winning Jack Frost National — named a “Best New” and “Best You Can Play” course by leading industry publications — are two of the many exciting additions.
Attributes of the golf-and-resort properties and destination include:
- Home to more than 35 golf courses with hundreds of holes for beginners and avid golfers alike; close proximity gives golfers chance to play 36 in a day
- Two NASCAR races held annually
- Golden Era of Golf Architecture period designs strongly represented by legendary designers Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast
- Hiking, biking, camping, spas, horseback riding, boating, fishing, hunting and many other activities
- Attractions, festivals and other special events
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Great food at a wide array of eating establishments and resort restaurants
- Bed & breakfasts, country inns and resorts
- Antique shops, outlet malls and other unique shopping venues